Tuesday, March 27, 2012

From Novels to the Big Screen

I went to the cinema twice in a row. My Love and I treated ourselves with “John Carter” last night and just a few hours earlier, we’ve watched another movie called “The Hunger Games”. Needless to say, these two movies are… unique in their own ways given the fact that they both are of the same genre of fiction -- sci-fi action (such a popular genre!).

Another interesting similarity and one fact which somewhat annoys me quite a bit -- these two movies are based on novels. Such a popular concept these days, isn’t it? Making films out of detailed novels. I do think that novel writers tend to be very creative when it comes to the plot or story-telling; however, the logic is always out of this world, which audience/readers can easily accept. It’s really impossible for the movie to get all the plot right so the results of these film adaptations could go either way; it can get horribly wrong, or it can be decent, if not great.

Fact is… Most novels these days are written in series, at least those that I’ve read, which means that there are always going to be sequel(s). It’s like watching TV series, but the wait are months/year apart.

I’m an avid Julie Garwood and Nora Roberts fan, so I’m waiting to see if their romance novel will get their chances on the big screen. I know some of Nora Roberts’ novels have already been adapted into movies, but I’m still hoping to see one on the cinema instead of my TV, or Laptop. I’m not counting on the romance part though. Mind you… these two authors have sense of humor and they respect the bond that ties people together, whether by blood, marriage or others…
...
...

Will Erica Durance be getting involved with this kind of project? She nearly gets that... but for some reason, Kristin Kreuk replaced her in that project Erica was supposed to be part of. Sheesh!

Anyways… I’m still contemplating whether I should try writing reviews again… hmm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Affiliate Network Reviews