Monday, April 9, 2012

I Just Watched "Don't Look-Look"

I just got back from the cinema. Mi Amor and I watched "Jangan Pandang-Pandang", which stars Zizan, Sara and some other actors/actresses who I don't really know, and I don't have any urge to research who they are. I do know the veteran actors in this: Azhar Sulaiman (my mother loves him!) and Jaafar Onn.

I think this is the first time that I found myself liking Zizan as an actor. I think he acted beautifully in Jangan Pandang-Pandang; there are times when I think he over-acted, though he was decent in most of the scenes, especially throughout the first half of the movie.

I'm giving this movie a 3 out of 5 stars. I was surprised to see the decent acting by all the actors involved except this one actor who I have NEVER seen before. It's rare to see Malaysian actors in their best portrayal these days, especially when it comes to comedy. The "comedians" tend to over-exaggerate their tones and actions which annoys me a great deal.

This is the part where people should be aware that I'm about to blurt out spoilers for those who haven't seen this movie.

Anyways... Back to the actor who I have NEVER seen before... He wore leather jacket throughout the movie... he played the guy who I think (if I'm not mistaken) was one of Marsha's brother. Ugh! I've never wanted to throttle a guy this much! He's SOOOO ANNOYING!

The storyline at the beginning was good, but after the part when this annoying guy showed up, the progress dramatically went downhill. Everything make no sense at all... especially the part where it was revealed that Marsha and Bob (Azhar Sulaiman) were siblings. What's the point of having the scene where Marsha was caught "stealing" the box by Bob and had her afraid of this Bob person when he was her BROTHER... and NOBODY was there to witness their facade. Big, big plot hole.

Nothing much to say really. I really do think that Zizan is the reason why I enjoyed this movie. Best effort by this comedian, so far. Well done! *thumbs up*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Affiliate Network Reviews