Tuesday, December 30, 2014

I'm Mrs. Kertu by Danisyarahmat

I'm Mrs. KertuI'm Mrs. Kertu by Danisyarahmat
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I'm Mrs. Kertu (IMK) merupakan novel pertama Danisyarahmat and the first book by her yang I read. I heard somewhere that novel beliau yang ke-dua is good, so I took the liberty of searching into the detail of the author. I prefer to read her first novel before I baca the second one.

IMK is a decent novel. I don't really like the title (I tend to complain when it comes to title buku yang contrast dengan main bahasa buku)... I know this novel dah lama di pasaran; saw it a lot of times when I pergi bookshop, but I tak tertarik dengan novel ne, if based solely on title... and why ramai yang menggunakan perkataan "kertu", instead of "tua"? If coming from Ainul's own thoughts or dialog, it's kinda okay, but coming from the mother-in-law, I feel it's weird. The first time I dengar perkataan "kertu" ne... I think it was coming from Aznil in "Akademi Fantasia". I'm not even sure if it's a word. For a title, however, memang catchy. I complained about the English bit, not the kertu part. I just wonder...

Anyways, on with isi novel...

Ainul Mardhiah -- semasa zaman remajanya, dia telah kehilangan parents tersayang dan "dipaksa" menamatkan zaman bujangnya... which leads to her happiness, of course. I like her character, however, I didn't really like the fact that dia seakan-akan lupa dengan statusnya as a wife and how much her husband had changed her life; nampak macam ungrateful person when she was confident that their marriage would end. Somehow it's realistic... I might acted the same way kalau terpaksa kahwin dengan orang tua. I did like her towards the end though.

Adam Yusuf -- He was 38 when he married Ainul (I think)... So my image memang image lelaki berumur. It was really unsettling. I should be expecting this just by seeing the title, tapi I still rasa icky. Jodoh memang tak mengenal usia, but still... Anyways, perwatakan Adam Yusuf seemed like a 20+ years old, and the name pun somehow "muda"... but it works. I like tahap kesabaran dia menunggu his wife to accept him, and I love the fact that he's not easily melenting when it comes to Ainul. Serious, I like his character. However, I tend to bayangkan that he's not that old.

The issues yang diketengahkan di dalam novel ini are quite berat, actually, but the writer's writing made it somewhat ringan sebab I tak rasa terbawa-bawa bila membaca. I don't even know if it's a good or bad things...

There were so many plots for a 434-pages-book. For instance, the development in relationship between Ainul and Adam Yusuf. Then there's Ainul's ambition to become a doctor, the rape mystery, etc... The plots were great, tapi penceritaannya seem to be lacking -- macam laju sangat pace cerita ne. Belum sempat I feel the sadness after scene hitam tu, somehow I was brought to a different scene...

I don't know if I read too many books, tapi somehow, I dapat agak every relationship yang bakal menjadi, including Hafiz and his to-be-bride. No element of surprise there, but the story still worked.

Penulisan yang superb, just that penulis seemed to rush things quite a lot. Sometimes, penulis tended to repeat stuff. Not a big problem there... just something to highlight. The story was written in a first person point of view... I accepted this for quite sometime, but I still found it weird when the person described herself, especially when dia described herself which ended up her memuji diri sendiri... and penulis would insert things like, "perasan pulak aku" or something like that. I don't quite like that...

My review pun somehow ada repetition... but luckily, it's not to be printed. :P

Despite the negative thoughts, I still like this novel. 4.5 stars... but since goodreads takde 0.5, round it off to 5 stars. I will definitely read her next novel.

Sinopsis:

Ainul Mardhiah – Keindahan zaman remajanya telah diragut, kehidupannya telah musnah gara-gara malam durjana. Dia hilang segala-galanya termasuk nilai sebuah kesucian. Takdir telah mengikat jodohnya dengan Adam Yusuf. Egonya tidak dapat menerima cinta seorang lelaki tua meski lubuk hatinya ada terdetik sayang.

Adam Yusuf – Cintanya kepada Ainul berputik pada saat pertemuan pertama. Wajah Ainul yang mirip arwah isterinya,telah kembali menggoncangkan jiwa lelakinya.

Jodoh yang ditetapkan oleh Allah sebelum langit dan lautan diciptakan-Nya telah terikat.Takdir telah menemukan mereka meski usia menjadi bandingan.

“Ain tak nak kahwin. Ain nak capai cita-cita dulu. Kalau kahwin pun bukan dengan lelaki...”

“Tua macam saya.”

“Belum cuba belum tahu Ainul. Saya ni macam kelapa tua. Makin berlemak dan manis.”

“Hmmm... lelaki tua memang miang macam ni ke?”

Menyedari getar jiwanya tidak berbalas, Adam Yusuf pergi membawa diri. Terpisah mereka antara benua. Namun pernikahan rahsia itu masih disimpan utuh. Lamaran Hafiz menerbitkan keazaman dalam jiwa Ainul Marhiah untuk menokhtahkan akad yang telah terjalin selama empat tahun.

Namun, pertemuan semula Adam Yusuf dan Ainul Mardhiah seakan-akan memudarkan rasa benci itu. Pertunangan Adam Yusuf dan Mariza membuahkan cemburunya. Adakah itu tanda sayang?

“Ainul menyesal kahwin dengan si kertu ini?”


View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Affiliate Network Reviews