Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Bride by Julie Garwood

The Bride (Lairds' Fiancées, #1)The Bride by Julie Garwood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the first novel, written by Julie Garwood that I read and until today, still one of my most often read novels. I never actually got the urge to purchase this novel but I just passed my wish (to my sister) to own it recently. I hope to get it SOON.

The story in this novel, somehow is a twisted version of "Cinderella" story in which it circulates around a main character who is a young lady named Jamie. Jamie is the youngest daughter of an English Baron who owes the crown money and in order to pay the debt, he offers two of his daughters to marry two Scots to strengthen the peace between England and Scotland.

Alec Kincaid takes an English bride only to appease his King, but when he first hears Jamie (when she was having a heated conversation with her sister Mary and her stablemaster, Beak -- who also somehow acts like her "fairygod mother"), he finds himself looking forward to wed her... and thus, the adventure begins...

When you read this novel, I can assure you that you will laugh a lot. Mrs. Garwood has an interesting way to add humor into her writing and this is probably her best so far.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Affiliate Network Reviews